Nov 16, 2010

The Great Pheasant Shoot-At (AAR)

The clan and friends have dispersed, and I am recovering from sensory overload, a happy man to have had the fun again.

The worst imaginable hunting weather closed us down Saturday, so consumption began earlier than usual, culminating in a birthday party for my daughter which strained the capacity of my small quarters.

The grandpa gave the lad a plain-Jane pump 20 gauge as a belated birthday gift.  It is meant as a spare for days when he doesn't care to take his nice double afield. He  graciously acknowledged it on Facebook, and I can hear the shrieks of my lefty friends now. OMG, you gave a GUN to a CHILD?  (The last I saw of the child, he was nonchalantly at the wheel of a Suburban while my child relaxed in the passenger seat.)

The end of the fest pleased the pheasants, I'm sure. The noise of being shot at must be terribly annoying.

No comments: