Feb 15, 2011

All politics is local,

not to mention bloated.

The census snoopers credit  Smugleye on Lake with 341 residents as of last summer.

My SOL neighbors and I are supervised by 21 local officials, elected and appointed. That's one superintendent for every 16.23 citizens. It works out to something like  five houses per regulator, so  they could check us all every day,  just to make sure we aren't feeding the stray cat  or replacing windows without a building permit.

---

*This doesn't count cops. We  pay the county sherf to hold down crime in Smugleye.

2 comments:

JohnW said...

>My SOL neighbors and I are >supervised by 21 local

This took me a minute. I thought SOL stood for something other than Smugleye on Lake.

Jim said...

:).

A two-hatted acronym. Each meaning is dead-on.