Feb 23, 2011

Oh those crazy Hoosiers

The Hacienda restaurants in South Bend hustle for customers with billboards showing one of those goopy pink slushies containing a little booze, probably their conception of a margarita. That's banal but otherwise unobjectionable.  They should have stopped there, before adding:

WE'RE LIKE A CULT WITH BETTER KOOL-AID

The billboards are coming down after just two weeks.

The execs are jonesing for an ad agency with a better sense of history.
---

It may be okay to eat TexMex at Hacienda. I wouldn't know. But do your margarita drinking elsewhere. That honored drink is one part lemon juice, two parts Cointreau, and four parts tequila. ( Cheap, bitter, tongue-dissolving tequila. That's the reason for the salt.)  Capital punishment should be an option for any bartender substituting Rose's Lime Juice.

1 comment:

SpeakerTweaker said...

The execs are jonesing for an ad agency with a better sense of history.

AAAHAHAHAAAA...er.. I mean, I see what you did there;)

I don't know where it comes from, but limes (not Rose's) are regularly substituted for lemons in South Texas. I've frequently removed a lime wedge from the lip of my iced tea while not removing the grimace from my face.



tweaker