Mar 2, 2011

Jane Russell addenda

(1) -- A yen to spend your quarter on a Jane Russell movie occurred after one of those frightening life changes that affect boys in about the sixth grade. You came home from a Roy Rogers movie and found yourself thinking less about Trigger and more  about Dale Evans. If you really did go see The French Line next Friday night,  you told Mom the first lie that made you feel really guilty.

(2) -- (And I didn't know or had forgotten this.) She appeared in Darker than Amber.  as the "Alabama Tigress" (huh?).  John D. reacted to the screening: "I was so convinced it would be utterly rotten, that I was pleased to find it only semi-rotten." 


Wonder what his ghost will have to say about  Juvenile DiCaprio as McGee?
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the third time I have tried to enter this on here. I am losing my patience! And I ain't got much to spare!

Anyway, tell me it ain't so? Leo. In a McGee novel made for the screen? Gads!

How about Elliot or Selleck?

More info please!

Jim said...

Sorry, JB, it's true.

ttp://shelf-life.ew.com/2009/09/29/leonardo-dicaprio-travis-mcgee/

Just FWIW, "The Deep Blue Good Bye" has been "in development" for close to five years.To put it in perspective, "Gone With the Wind" was in theaters three years and four months after Selznick bought the rights.

JohnW said...

Oh, now that just started my day off on a sour note...
(Note to self ; On the way home stop and buy brain bleach.)

JohnW said...

OTOH, today I learned there is a Jane Russell Mountain at Sasebo Bay...

Jim said...

Thank you, Sir. Photo verificaton has been provided.

And Wyoming thinks it has the grand tetons.

Anonymous said...

McConaghay would work for me if they make one. But little Leo?