Apr 30, 2011

Hey guys! Here comes a Miss USA. Let's grope her.

It is somewhat dangerous to leap to the defense of a crying celebrity who makes a living displaying its body, but everything I can find suggests Susie Castillo has a point. She is one of the latest lookers whose nooks and crannies have been TSA-fingered and declared arms-free zones .

Besides, it led me to the discovery of a writer I hadn't heard of who is establishing a TSA watch. He writes:


"...Castillo is crying, and (an airport) volunteer tries to comfort her. But when the subject of the TSA’s screening methods comes up, the volunteer says something to the effect of, “I’d rather have this than be blown up.”
"I’ve heard that argument time and again, from some colleagues in the travel industry and commenters on this site. I believe they’re just one enhanced pat-down from changing their minds."


Even my cursory study of  Aristotle suggests that the fallacy we're looking at here is the one called "false dichotomy."

---

If you just blew in from a far galaxy and don't know what Miss Susie looks like, you may add to your store of knowledge here.

Please note this post is not tagged "women with clothes on." (QV, if you want.) Susie is wearing so few in some of these shots that I deem them unacceptable for posting on a strictly family-oriented blog.)


No comments: