Nov 21, 2011

888888 post

About three "real" essays rest in my blogger "save" box, but damned if I can get motivated to call up any one of them and batter it into some semblance of readable coherence.

Maybe I'm demoralized because, unless I misconstrue her, Ron Paul has lost Tam.

(Remember Lyndon Johnson at the height of his Asian diplomacy and Vietnam War fubar fest?  Remember the night Grandpa Walter of CBS  called him on it? Remember Lyndon moaning, "If I've lost Cronkite, I've lost the country?"  History rhymes.)

Or maybe my synapses are discommoded from messing around with a bunch of non-organic electrons. To wit:



I have sybaritic dreams of stepping out of the shower into an 88-degree chamber on winter's most evil day and to do it without heating up the entire house. So I finally got round to installing the beautiful old Arvin heater.

When I got the plasterboard* out I found the light switch didn't need to be disturbed, but the little box for the existing duplex outlet was too busy for the tie-in.  The replacement double box is still tight and -- to come to the point of this whine --  it's in a cramped corner requiring left-handed work. Ladies and gentlemen, I am fully entitled to bitch about having to screw screws and wire nuts and wrap tape in such a sinister manner.

Anyway, it's all done now, and perhaps I'll be able to improve my mood by persuading myself that all that left-handed agony will strengthen my weak-hand shooting.

I'll let you know.

---

*AKA "sheet rock" and "wall board" and "the world's most obnoxious construction material." In a properly run nation it would be outlawed.

5 comments:

Don said...

"...sinister manner"?

Very stinky. Also, very hard to change a single-gang box to a double-gang in plaster without damage. Much easier in drywall.

Just sayin'.

Jim said...

Sinister: from Latin sinestra, meaning left-handed.

Lath/plaster is equally evil - a percursor drug to wallboard. Wood, Man, gimme wood. :)

SpeakerTweaker said...

When the box is buried that far into the corner, I have been known to get a ladder that's a bit too tall, belly over the top of it, and come in inverted (sideways invert) so as to put the left things right.

Sure, blood rushes to the head, but it beats working south-paw at any rate.



tweaker

Tam said...

No, I still love me some crazy wookie Uncle Ron, and will probably write him in if^H^H when the GOP doesn't nominate him.

But he's not what most mainstream GOPers would see as the proper voice of their sober-sided conservative party, nicht wahr?

Jim said...

That restores my faith in the integrity of Our Revolution. :)