Dec 3, 2011

Saturday guns, Saturday politicians

(Being a partial compendium of what's important to me today.)

Iowa Caucuses: The quick are Gingrich, Paul, and Romney. The dead are everyone else.  An Iowa Poll  to be released this evening should reflect that hunch, but it won't  say much about where Cain people are going. I judge they'll scatter, keeping the Newt-Ron-Mitt lineup intact.

---

Iowa guns: Thanks to the nice little Jackson loophole,  K. and I may augment the state's arsenal at the expense of Minnesota's. The small trading windfall of last weekend left a supply of mad money in the Bat Belt.  It seeks blue steel shooting things old, heavy, and slow, not unlike your author.

Christmas is a time for materialistic dreaming, so I am permitted to fantasize about finding a quality 1911 frame  or two --  a place to put those extra slides and barrels.

(Note to self: Also watch for .30 M1 Carbine bullets in honor of the new set of dies for same. Time to heat that old girl up a little.)

We're taking nothing to trade, still standing on our "never-sell-a-gun"  principles. The Model 88 was a rare exception, purchased strictly for rapid turnover.

---

The first measurable snow of the season is to occur today, statistically a little late. It's been a gorgeous autumn, and I am grateful for the localized global warming.

3 comments:

JohnW said...

My local toy store has not one, not two, not three, but FIVE 99s, in every caliber including .22 Hi-Power. If I had a brain in my head I'd get the takedown 30/30 on general principles. (There's also two Savage .32s in the case, but with my new eyes they may just as well have no sights at all. Pity.)

Jim said...

A pretty 99 in .22 HP was on a Jackson table this morning. I forget the price but it was somewhere in the HFM?! range, around $2,000, I think.

JohnW said...

This one was $800+, IIRC. I also noticed that the two $1700-1800 1911s were prominently missing from the locked case...