Jul 18, 2012

Espresso Justice

And yet another tale of what may happen when impetuous young men meet a wise old philosopher.

"Don't none of you [expletives] move," one of the teens reportedly yelled at the cafe patrons. One "teen" was swinging a gun, the other a bat.

One of the (expletives) in the internet cafe was Sam Williams, 71, philosophically armed with a .380 handgun. He chose to move despite the instructions to the contrary.  When he and his pistol quit moving, the 19-year-olds were chastened, not to mention bleeding.

Local officials say they probably won't charge Sam with a crime for protecting himself and other (expletives) people in the cafe. That's good as far as it goes, but I see no mention of either a gold medal or compensating Sam for the expended rounds.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think if we saw more of these and the lawyers and judges and police would give all of them an "atta boy" I think it would help a lot in this rough old world, don't you?

Jim said...

How about a new, errrr, NGO -- just a few guys like you and me. We'd take turns tapping our own wallets for a box of replacement ammo for Sam and all like him?

Anonymous said...

NGO? I am dense, please explain, but I bet your right, you always are....

Jim said...

You are not dense. I am guilty of lapsing into verbal bureaucrap,

NGO - Non-governmental organization.