Oct 17, 2012

Ick. Never shake hands with a Brit

Over across the pond live the dirty-handed, and this isn't the claim of a Jingo Yank. Their own Royal Radio Station says so.

In a recent UK-wide study, 99% of people interviewed at motorway service stations toilets claimed they had washed their hands after going to the toilet. Electronic recording devices revealed only 32% of men and 64% of women actually did.

Huh? The Sceptred Isle rulers find time and money and motivation to digitally track their subjects' personal sanitary habits? What's next? An electronic usage recorder on English condoms? (A tickling concept, eh wot?)

Oh well. I suppose it's easier than tracking down the thugs who manipulate the LIBOR.

Still, all in all, the next time The Queen extends her hand to me in a reception line, I think I'll just curtsy.

---

H/T Tam

---

Puts me in mind of the last time I visited my healer, two or three years back. Some kind of test was taken and the results said the guy's OK and has just  "normal bodily flora" in his juices.  I think that is quite an elegant way to report that I'm no germier than average.









No comments: