Sep 10, 2013

The perils of old age

Sometimes you have to feel sorry for frustrating the healers. I visited them today for the first time since about 2010. They greeted me like a team of Draculas. Fresh meat. Certainly this dude needs treatment for something.

An hour later, the patient  chemically analysed, questioned, poked, prodded, and palpated, they reached their scientific conclusion. "(Sigh)  Come back and see us in a year."

The secret of course is vigorous daily exercise, a strict vegetarian diet, and, as I have mentioned a time or two, dynamic virtue and uncommon purity of thought.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. But, you neglected to mention the most important secret--which gene pool you happened to dip in. JAGSC

Jim said...

But I did mention it to my healer as she was expressing a surprise that the bad cholesterol number was -- her word -- "perfect." I'd mentioned my butter, bacon, and marbled beef diet.

"I suppose there's some genetic factor here," I said.

"Oh yeah, I'd say so." And she managed somehow to get an oral exclamation point there.

I was going to loose a wise crack about us blessed Irish but didn't, recalling she bore one of those unfortunate Scandahoovian names. :)