Aug 20, 2014

George L. Herter: "Do not be mislead by hokum!"

I told you guys she writes The World's Greatest Travel Blog.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/travel/2014/08/16/get-outta-town/14168965/

Name another MSM writer willing to help celebrate the memory of a crazy dude who sold guns by the tens of thousands. It probably helps that she has been warmed by his Model Perfect sleeping bags and kept dry by his famous North Woods Guide Association Approved pyramid tent.

(If George L. failed to claim sleeping in his pyramid tent kept your teeth cleaner and automatically sharpened your knives, it was an oversight.)

The other thing she misses is the Herter's red jelly bean. Calling them Herter's Whiskey River Cherry Candy made them taste better around the camp fire.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember it as "Be not misled by hokum", but my memory might be a tad fluffy. Its been a while.

John of the GMA

Joel said...

Gad, but I loved that catalog when I was a kid. The many hours I spent perusing it may have contributed to the loser recluse in the boonies that I am today. At least, I like to think so.