Mar 10, 2015

Down at the Quad-Cities Loophole the Other Day

Some days are luckier than other days.


















Some Bushes are better than others.



Roll out the barrel







And, just for lagniappe, a little plastic souvenir of where she was.



According to the old man selling out his personal collection, he fired it there in the 60s. It is a Rock Island Arsenal product inspected by Mr. Frank Krack, and perhaps built by him. He was an assistant foreman who, apparently,  sometimes liked to create some of the RIA National Match/Camp Perry products.

Both slide and frame are Colt 1911, manufactured in 1917 according the SN lists.

No, I won't say what I paid, but  I risked finger injury in getting the asking price out of my pocket. The  seller was still setting up; the Colt had just hit the table as I approached. I decided to haggle only  half-heartedly because there was a very anxious dude standing close behind me, breathing heavily, and I didn't think it was my body cologne exciting him.

2 comments:

Joel said...

I hate you. I loathe, despise, and in all possible ways abhor your very existence. I don't even know you, and I know with absolute certainty you're not worthy of that pistol. You should assuage your conscience by mailing it to me immediately. But you won't, will you? Bastard.

Seriously, I don't even know what you paid, but I know it was a great catch.

Jim said...

Fair's fair. My envy meter has always pegged when I plug you in. YOU can step out i your yard and plink a Coke can or test a new load. My neighbors would fry me for the same offense.