Feb 15, 2011

Folks Shouldn't Mess with Sam's Mom

I have my doubts about single-action revolvers as basic home defense guns, but in Bea's case I'll keep them to myself.

Bea weighs 110 pounds and keeps a .45 Black Hawk convertible handy around the house. She's proficient, and I'd hate to be the clerk who eyeballs her svelte frame bent over the handgun case and volunteers that she needs that lady-like .32.

It's a delightful read, over at Stranded in Iowa's place. 

EDIT: In case you didn't  follow the links (BAD Reader. BAD.Go to your kennel.)  Bea happens to be 77 years old.  When she needs a little more .45 ammo, she polices  the firing line and reloads the cases.

2 comments:

strandediniowa said...

I appreciate the fact that she brought that gun to qualify last year for her carry permit. Possibly embarrassing the guy who brought a .22 (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

She's from Washington, IA and Sam immigrated to the pits of Illinois. Where freedom goes to die. Sam's blog is TrueBlueSam.blogspot.com

Thanks for the link back, Jim

NotClauswitz said...

Bea is my shootin' buddy - at least at the Rendezvous.