Jul 20, 2011

The three-Excedrin candidate

Michele gets headaches. Beyond ordinary compassion for any human suffering, I didn't know I had reason to care. Then I read:

Bachmann could get sympathy from some voters, (Larry) Sabato said, since “millions suffer from migraines.”

(The seer Sabato runs something called the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia, and we are entitled to assume that his insights are nourished at the public trough.)

Y'know, he could just as well have told the Register that Michele could get sympathy for alleged dimwittery since millions of voters also suffer from cranial vacuity.

Strictly personally and putting compassion aside, it isn't Michele's migraines that worry me. It is my own as I ponder even the slim chance that she might one day be empowered to order a couple of Marine Expeditionary Units to quell a pro-choice uprising in Peoria.

No comments: