Feb 6, 2009

Trigger-happy

To a guy brought up on the elegance of Mausers and 1903s, the Stevens folks got carried away with moving parts on their 110e trigger. Five-count-em-five adjusting screws in the trigger group, enough to make it imprudent to wing it based on experience.* 

So you go to the internet and discover what the Stevens design fellows had in mind. Ten minutes later you're smiling.  The letoff isn't crisp, but it's better than pretty good, and I won't have that venerable "crappy trigger" excuse for missing. 

You also learn the sear and associated  parts are made of sintered metal, and the hardening is no deeper than Obamian economic understanding. So put the hones away.  Right now.

I think I'm going to like this one enough to float the barrel and pretty it up a bit, maybe try a new magic formula I thought up for making birch look something  like walnut. Stay tuned.
---
*"Experience"  -- that accumulation of knowledge permitting me to credibly explain how I screwed up this time.   

No comments: