Jan 31, 2010

AAR

The Armstrong show was a shoulder-shrugger. Plenty of interesting stuff was available, but nothing made my wallet quiver. A pard' picked up a high-quality but un-marked adjustable pistol sight, probably meant for a 1911. It was a steal at $10, even though he has no immediate application for it. That sawbuck represented our entire expenditure, outside of the admission fees and an admirably greasy tavern lunch.

Some day I will probably regret not buying the very pretty 4" Python for
$850.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tam said...

"Some day I will probably regret not buying the very pretty 4" Python for
$850.
"

Given the insane prices these things are bringing nowadays, you could probably start over breakfast. ;)

Jim said...

The deleted comment was an spam job in Chinese touting adult sites.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound like a bad price on the Python. I have been checking prices lately because this friend of mine who is lusting after my 1903 Colt is getting serious. I have about $280 in it, but I am thinking of asking $350-400. Any comments would be appreciated. JAGSC

Anonymous said...

Test

Jim said...

Jagsc: That 1903 would have grade out at miserable-minus to be worth less than $350. Gunbroker has a ton of them listed.

Tam: You're right, but I have all the vault vixens I can handle. If I see it again I'll rethink with "trading stock" weighted a little heavier on the decideometer.