May 17, 2010

Industry...

...being, Gentle Reader, a sort of post script to the previous post which detailed no more than a simple refurbishment of a canoe paddle.

One thing led to another, and I am finally, at this late hour, inside the house and preparing my supper. In the rear view mirror of the day is a second paddle refinished, a fresh set of shelves for the storage closet built, rewiring the new drum sander, and a small beginning on some overdue lawn care.

This sort of thing must be controlled. When a man sets out to loaf the day away, he ought to have the character to follow through.

2 comments:

Jinglebob said...

Ahh, great words!

Jim said...

I'm trying again today, JB, but it ain't looking good. The danged paddles were just leaning there, glaring at me. So I gave 'em the final coat. Now I think I hear the grass grumping about all the dandelions.