Jun 23, 2010

USA! USA!

Now that that my native land is a world soccer power, I suppose it behooves me to become an official fan.

So I'll practice drinking strong beer until I puke on the guy in the bleacher seat in front of me.  I'll learn to yell   "f++k"  a lot. And when my team does very well I'll run naked up and down Temple Lane after breaking things inside the Temple Bar. 

(These lessons were learned in Dublin when I met some English gentlemen in town  for a tournament,)

Anything else I should be working on?

4 comments:

Joel said...

Just one - disappointment. This is the American soccer team you're suddenly rooting for. :^)

Anonymous said...

While sitting around a table this morning waiting for the rain to stop so we could engage in another Scottish import, one commented that he put soccer on fast forward until he noticed a score change, then rewound to watch the score. Then back to fast forward. JAGSC

Dave said...

Q: Why do so many kids decide to play soccer?
A: So they don't have to watch it.

NotClauswitz said...

You have to learn to embrace your inner xenophobe and develop a fierce hatred of foreigners whom your team competes against. Far from uniting people in sport it divides them along tribal lines. It started with kicking a defeated rival's skull around, and hasn't changed much since.