Sep 1, 2010

Live-blogging stupid and expensive fantasies

I am off to town to ask the price of a Willys Jeep, a CJ2A, I think. It's already haze gray. It is not  a total rust bucket. I don't know if it runs and/or drives.

I have a dream.  Except my stencils would say U.S.S. Henderson. Or maybe Desron 5.

I hope the price is prima facie  prohibitive, otherwise I may be setting myself up for the automotive screwing of the century.

EDIT: Damn. The price is in that treacherous sea between the Cape of Slight Overprice  the Straits of Laughing Out Loud.

Lord, give me the strength to say "No thank you." after the close eyeball and test drive tomorrow evening.

5 comments:

Hilary said...

Dang it! I left the state of Iowa too soon! I have always wanted to go for a ride in an open jeep! I want to drive!

JohnW said...

So, Skipper, whatja gonna do? Leave the money to your kids, or the Jeep?

Hilary said...

Think what a babe magnet having a jeep would be!

JohnW said...

Ans, so...?

Jim said...

Neither Jeep nor owner showed up. If he really wants to sell he'll be around with some lame excuse. My negotiating position is enhanced.