Feb 17, 2011

Mommy Dotguv says I'm a Good Boy

I'm all CCWed up for the next five years. Very smooth and simple procedure, five minutes and $25,  including running my name past NCIC. One of the pleasant things is the absence of restrictions. For instance, the mother-may-i no longer forbids carrying uncased long guns in the truck.

I was prepared to show the clerk a copy of the law requiring her to accept my DD214 in lieu of the highly comprehensive four-hour course on gun safety and responsibility. We had had the discussion earlier when she said she never heard of such a thing. This time she  accepted it without a murmur.

3 comments:

Chaplain Tim said...

Given the choice between a class run by a virulently anti-public deputy ($40) and a NRA Pistol class given by a neighbor ($25), I took the NRA route. Good basic class, and I didn't have to be insulted for hours by a uniformed goon. All edjumakated up so I can go get my renewal Monday morning. My sheriff is pretty lenient from what I've heard, so I don't expect any problems renewing for the 12th time.

Captain Halitosis said...

We are being shafted in Kansas. NRA Basic Pistol was $125 (lunch included) and the CCW and fingerprint tax was around $150. That sort of puts the God given RKBA out of reach for the poor single mother who might really need to pack heat.

Jim said...

CH: I'll try to post something on this when I can. Meanwhile, I hope you and your friends publicize the high cost far and wide.

The extortion is beyond reason, and it's something like the 1970/80s outrage about "Saturday Night Specials." The Left was dedicated to wiping out all guns, but they would temporarily settle for laws disarming only poor people.