May 27, 2011

The proper functions of government

The wise-ass who wrote this intended to make fun of state lawmakers. So, I ask, what is wrong with declaring the 1911 by John M. Browning (PBUH) an official state pistol? Or the  dutch oven an official state cook pot?

Me? I am absolutely delighted when elected officials act only within their competence level.

For example, not even the no-carry Wisconsin legislature could damage its polity much by declaring the cream puff the official state dessert.

2 comments:

SpeakerTweaker said...

Personally, I'm offended by the whole damned thing.

Yes, you heard me.

I mean, what morons in the TX legislature passed up the wood-fire smoker as the Official State Cooking Implement? That's embarrassing.



tweaker

Jim said...

Yeah, me too in a way, but it's the hoary "lesser of two evils" deal. Such as giving the criminally insane stuff to make baskets rather than the keys to the Corvette. :)