Aug 31, 2011

Beware of open carry

--If  you left your SW Model 59 in the truck and

--If you walk out to fetch it and

--If if it seems too much bother to tuck it into your waist band, out of sight and

--If you sort of let it hang down along your leg so as not to seem to be "brandishing" to nosy neighbors and

-- If your excitable young Labmaraner is jumping and prancing around you, licking at everything she can reach and

--If she can reach the gun for slobbering purposes and

--If you lay the 59 on a shelf before wiping it down and

--If you forget to wipe it down for two days, then

-- You will have a substantial rust spot on your blue steel slide,  proving beyond doubt that dog saliva does not contain WD40.



3 comments:

Guffaw in AZ said...

I'm still wrapping my head around the 59. I traded my 39-2 for it, worst trade I ever made. The 39 shot okay, the 59 horribly. I sacrificed accuracy for more BBs.
I've the same issues with sweat/rust (not so much doggy saliva, anymore).
Electroless nickel and stainless, my friend!

Jim said...

I wrote an apologia for carrying the damned thing a while back. It a nutshell, it followed me home from a trading frenzy years ago, and I spent hours and hours correcting S&W factory screwups. It now dependably goes bang and shoots well enough. Mainly, I've become accustomed to it.

Joel said...

This clearly illustrates two natural laws:

. Into each life some suck must fall.

. No day will pass in which you don't wonder why you got a big dog.