Apr 1, 2012

Prrivacy

I confess this photo is staged. The macho pickup/camper and the manly John Deere 318 were placed for a reason. Namely, I need the Chuck Norris points after having, and I swear this is true, made drapes. I really haven't had all that much trouble with tourist ladies hiding in the bushes with binoculars, hoping I'll change shirts or something in the wide open living room, but you never know.

In further defense, I created the curtains in a way that would never occur to a cute fellow in the lime green jumper and yellow ascot.

It is perfectly possible to create window-treatment elegance with a vintage flannel sheet printed with what someone (maybe the fellow mention supra) believed to be an authentic American Indian motif. It merely requires pinking (blush) shears, a Stanley 30-foot tape measure, a stapler, and a roll of Gorilla tape. The latter two items help fabricate the tunnel through which the curtain rod goes.

N.B. Above the window hangs a nicely scoped .30-06 in further testimony to my masculine status. It was cropped out, however, too black,  because my three volt cockroach by Canon couldn't solve the contrasty light problems.  

3 comments:

Joel said...

pUm...a lawn tractor, while admittedly not a Prius or a Volt, isn't really all that manly.

Just sayin'. Don't kill me.

SpeakerTweaker said...

The split in the table takes a little curve above the coffee cup. When I spotted that, my brain told me that was the cord from the coffee cup. Heh.



tweaker

Jim said...

If it's an old 318 by Deere, and if you bought it without a USDA subsidy, it is not only macho, it's libertarian. :)

Tweaker: That crack drives me nuts, and very soon I'll rip a thin wedge of walnut and mallet it in. Things get dry around here in winter, but it still shouldn't have happened. I built the top of 1 1/4-inch walnut that had been air-dried for years. A couple of years later some of the edge-glued joints parted. I reglued them with the magicest adhesive I could find, and they're holding, but now the damned crack. The arboreal gods refuse to smile on this project.