Jan 5, 2009

A Luddite's Delight

Avoiding the 21st Century at every opportunity is a good idea.* Yesterday another reason why occurred to me as I restocked the indoor wood bin. 

My Leaders have not figured out a way to tax the split oak and maple. That's pleasant  to think about while  lounging around the 80-degree cabin in a tee shirt, idly glancing out the window once in a while to confirm the massive failure of global warming.

*The 20th wasn't much either, but it nearly redeemed itself with  John M. Browning, Kim Novak, and the Twinkie.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two words, you enemy of the state: Carbon offsets. You're one aerial infrared away from a chunky tax hike.

Jim said...

Air action to port and starboard? Resist!

But I suppose you'll further disappoint me by claiming a quad-mount of 40 mm Bofors is an NFA device.

(Had a chance to play with one at the Arizona Memorial back in November. Talk about reliving moments of youthful glee.)